The system is divided into two parts: the CO side unit and the Station side unit. Each unit is composed of one shelf. Each shelf provides seven slots, one of which is reserved for the power connection. The shelf backplane does not provide for any telecom connection since all connections (except local power) will be made directly to the RJ-11/RJ-45 connectors, located on the front panel of each card. This allows the cards to be self-sufficient, making the shelf very simple and low cost. In order to isolate, it is necessary to combine the card and the shelf, which is also available in an High Voltage Interface format.
The CO side and Station side shelves (including the motherboard), are the same.†The complete system is made up of shelves designed for indoor deployment. For outdoor deployment, the shelves can be housed in enclosures, which meet the NEMA-4X requirements for telecom plant equipment. (These enclosures may be ordered separately). Each shelf has one slot for a power connection and six slots for line cards.
Plug-in Interface Card
Positron offers a range of services for TeleLite:
- Line Powered POTS: Powered from the loop, this circuit supports a single POTS line using a single fiber pair
- Quad POTS with Loop Start: Supports high-density POTS circuits
- Quad POTS featured CLID, Ground start, & Loop start
- T1: This interface is powered from either the loop or a local source and provides a high density frame-relay service at a power plant or supports the Radio Access Network at a cell site or any other type of voice or data service that can be supported on a standard T1 interface
- Dual T1: Support for one or two T1 circuits with this interface powered from either the loop or a local source; providing higher density on a single fiber pair and cost saving opportunity to customers as well as an option for future expansion
- Quad 2-wire/4-wire Analog Data: High-density data for modem and SCADA RTU applications
- 4-wire 56K DDS Data: This interface is powered from either the loop or a local source. It provides a DS0 circuit for a frame-relay circuit at a power plant or digital modem application with data rates as high as 72kb/s
- Dual and Quad OPX (Off-Premise Extension)
- Ethernet 10/100 Mbps interface
- 4-Port Ethernet Switch supporting VLAN
- Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE)
TeleLite cards are designed for higher density and in turn greater customer savings. With the higher density card design, maximum utilization of the shelf space is possible. All TeleLite circuit cards meet FCC Part 15 and FCC Part 68 approvals.
Positron uses low-voltage components (3.5 and 5V) resulting in longer component life times and fewer chances of component failures. Where possible, TeleLite avoids the use of discrete components or analog circuits that make a product more susceptible to temperature variations, especially in isolator applications where the equipment is invariably operated in outside plant, mid-span locations.
TeleLite supports industry standard ST or SC type connectors on all isolator card types and does not need ST/SC fiber jumpers to convert from one connector type to another, which normally adds optical losses to the circuit. For ease of maintenance and troubleshooting, TeleLite’s digital design provides loopback capability and front plate LED’s. Problem locations are easily identified; local and remote alarm LED’s and relays help to determine location of a problem and decrease system downtime.